Tuesday, January 13, 2009

my baby loves music

After a stellar night of sleep by my child (by which I mean he nursed at 9:30, 12:30, 3:30 and 6:40, going right to sleep between each one, thereby allowing his mother to go right to sleep after each one) he has had a grumpy day. Lots of little naps and more frequent nursing with quite a few doses of crying thrown in. Mom and Dad are doing our best to soothe his woes. Unfortunately for Dad, one of his favorite things is to go up and down the stairs.

Another tactic is to listen to mellow music and dance with him. Twice today it calmed him from a raging scream. (In fact it is the only reason I can be posting right now as he is finally snoozing.) We've added to yesterday's playlist with the following:

The Reason - Hoobastank
Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word - Elton John
Run - Snow Patrol
Bullet and a Target - Citizen Cope
It's Been Awhile - Staind
You Know That I'm No Good - Amy Winehouse
Weather With You - Crowded House
Speed of Sound - Coldplay

Right now all of my boys are napping, scattered around the living room - Reno, Merle, Donavon and Revel. It's a very sweet scene.

No comments: